HEY THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT THE One Short Story To Be Told BLOG.


WE ARE DELIGHTED TO SEE YOU HERE.
But (did you see that coming?) the blog has moved.


THE GOOD NEWS IS YOU ARE JUST ONE CLICK AWAY AND IT IS HERE YOU CAN PERFORM THAT CLICK

Friday, October 14, 2011

Friday Forum

This is the first in what I plan to be a regular Friday update on the One Short Story To Be Told Volumes. In other words I will be updating every Friday on movements, emotions and status of each of our Volumes. Of course I'm praying that as the number of Volumes criss-crossing the globe increases I won't buckle under pressure.
But for the moment that's not an issue as there are just (JUST; God I never give myself enough credit!) three Volumes in circulation.
So let's start with Volume One. 'Waiting For Life To Return' is currently in the hands of Kerrie Collins. I have had no contact with Kerrie as yet, but have (worriedly) emailed her today for an update. Truthfully I'm not that worried as 'Waiting For Life To Return' has been in touch and says he is very happy.
Volume Two ('Wink') has had a good week as John Linehan has passed him on to Ivan Bevan (any week that includes a new owner being announced or reached is a good one for our stories!). Ivan is delighted he was chosen. And 'Wink' is over the moon to have reached his ninth home. I await feedback and a photograph from John, but he has orally informed he was 'impressed'.
So a pat on the back for me today, me thinkd!
Volume Three ('Grey Skies') meanwhile is still with his second owner, Marius Griffin. Marius has told me she is taking her time with 'Grey Skies', and while a new home is always a priority for our stories 'Grey Skies' has been in touch to say he loves Marius so much he's not even thinking about a new home just now.
So all good on the 'stories in circulation' front.
Of course I'm preparing for the launch of Volume Four of One Short Story To Be Told at the moment as well. And I'm thrilled to tell you that all is on track for the 22nd October (that's Saturday week!). The chosen story - 'Sleepyhead' - is printed (thanks Mary for the layout and John for the printing), and is with Albert 'The Wonderful Binder' Browne. Tom Barry's, Barrack Street is booked, and the free beverages are organised. And Marc has his superbly creative brain firmly focused on the animation for the night. I can't wait to see what Marc comes up with.
So that's it for the first ever Friday Forum. I'll be in touch again next week, so stay tuned for regular reminders of Saturday 22nd October the day 'Sleepyhead' is released into the world.
88*googleplex
leyton

No comments:

Post a Comment