HEY THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT THE One Short Story To Be Told BLOG.


WE ARE DELIGHTED TO SEE YOU HERE.
But (did you see that coming?) the blog has moved.


THE GOOD NEWS IS YOU ARE JUST ONE CLICK AWAY AND IT IS HERE YOU CAN PERFORM THAT CLICK

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Friday Forum (3)

It’s been a quiet week on the One Short Story To Be Told front. And I have to say I welcomed the quietness in one sense. After all last week was manic. But then preparing to put something new into the world should be hectic.

On the other hand the quietness of this week could be disconcerting. No contact from any of the current owners of One Short Story To Be Told Volumes, coupled with utter silence from the Volumes themselves leaves one in a void that could be easily filled with panic.

Thoughts of lost or neglected stories rise like terrible fish in one’s mind and the temptation is to succumb to grief. But…

Well here’s the but! One has to trust! And when does trust then an inner belief that all will be OK swiftly comes to the fore. So I’m not worried that I’ve had NO CONTACT WHATSOEVER from John Martin, Ivan Bevan or Paul Allen since they became custodians of Volume’s One, Two and Four respectively. I’m not concerned that feedback has not arrived from Nuala McGrath or Kerrie Collins since they passed Volume Three and Two on. And I’m not even the slightest bit perturbed by the fact that when I last spoke to Marius Griffin (via FB) she had a new owner in mind for ‘Grey Skies’ but has yet to confirm whether Volume Three has been moved on.

Oh I know some of you will be thinking that sounds like a lot of unknowns. And maybe more of you are thinking I should be acting! But, you know, this project has been largely based on trust anyway; especially in The Universe. So I’m not going to act. I’m not going to go chasing people. And I’m certainly not going to panic.

At least not until after the weekend – which for those of you on foreign shores is a long one here in Ireland.

Having said all that if anyone is talking to Ivan Bevan, John MArtin. Marius Griffin or Paul Allen I would appreciate you mentioning me and One Short Story To Be Told. And I would be even more grateful if, by chance or otherwise, you bumped into Kerrie Collins or Nuala McGrath that you remarked on the space here on the blog that is waiting for their feedback. and I would be absolutely and utterly thrilled if any of the above (that’s Ivan, John, Paul, Marius – AKA the current owners – Nuala or Kerrie) were to contact me directly!

Finally I hope to collect the leyton attens t-shirts that were ordered at last Saturday night’s launch tomorrow. and I will have them in the hands of proud new owners by the middle of next week.

Yours in trust

leyton attens/Stanley Notte.

No comments:

Post a Comment